Tuesday, December 05, 2006

Emma Thompson

Need I say more? Just the most delightful woman and any excuse to hear from her is a good excuse. Here's Emma on staying in shape at 40 after having a child:
"It's a lot of work, but I try to do a bit of exercise every day, because I like wearing nice clothes, and I like to be a good hourglass shape. Not too thin, which doesn't look nice at all, and I don't approve of it. It's so unbelievably tedious that women still think they have to be thin, but I haven't got the energy to get as angry about it as I used to. I just think, this is stupid, and if you can't see that, well, what's to be done?

"When I was doing the photoshoot for this feature, I just wanted to make sure there were lots of proper curves! As for getting saggy ... I like my arms, and I wanted to carry on liking them, and being able to wear sleeveless tops, so I haven't got my bingo wings yet, and that's because I do strength work with my arms at least two or three times a week - 60 press-ups. The gym is really depressing, so I just trot in an elderly fashion around the cricket pitch. I go for a little jog, and 20 minutes later, I feel a lot better."

No comments: