Monday, December 04, 2006

TV News: Dave Lasting Longer Than Jay, Etc.

Here are some TV tidbits. SciFi JUST sent out a press release about "Battlestar: Galactica" moving to Sundays at 10 p.m. I only stumbled on the info by glancing at TV Guide. Why feed info to a dinosaur like TV Guide when there are a million fansites ready and waiting to get the word out? David Letterman reupped for "The Late Show" through 2010. "I'm thrilled to be continuing on at CBS," said Letterman in a press release. "At my age you really don't want to have to learn a new commute." Leno is SCHEDULED to step down in 2009 with Conan taking over. Assuming that happens, Letterman will have been around before Leno, given Leno his big break, watched Leno steal The Tonight Show from him, gotten all the critical acclaim and awards over Leno and then outlasted Leno on another network. But Leno still gets the bigger audience. Will it really be 17 years of Leno? It all seems like a bad dream. And on "24," Rick Schroeder joins the cast as a fellow badass CTU agent. Given his "I love guns" attitude, Schroeder should work nicely with Jack Bauer. And "Criminal Minds" gets the post-Super Bowl slot on Feb 4th.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

That's good news about Schroeder; I like him on NYPD Blue. Maybe Zack Morris will be next?

Michael in New York said...

I've always liked Rick too, though I never watched Silver Spoons and when I was young my sister once accused me of being jealous of him.